Thursday, February 02, 2006

Basil

Well, Mr Basil Dogbone is home. We got the call that his ashes were ready for pick up. i stopped in after work, i was fine - down right cocky. Until they handed me a nice green gift bag, with green tissue paper and a beautiful cedar box inside. We didn't order a special container, so i was taken back. When i picked up the bag and accepted the receptionists condolences, i was fine. Then the thought flashed through my head - He's wrapped up like the gift he was.

Then i lost it. Weeping in the lobby, i was howling by the time i crossed the parking lot to my car. i admit it, i was a slobbering lunatic, beating on my trunk and scaring the hell out of some guy who was just picking up his cats. He took one look at me and fled. Lunatic spinning around with a green gift bag, banging on car and mumbling something about "missing her 'pie". Oy.

He's now on my altar in the living room. my heart's aching all over again.

i miss my 'pie.

No comments: