Friday, February 15, 2008

a general plague zone

Everyone, and by that i literally mean every single person in my office is sick. One person is back after being out sick for a few days, another is out sick now after coughing like a barking seal all week. my boss is sneezing so hard that he's getting dizzy, another co-worker sniffling (but she spent 10 days in New Orleans drinking so we won't count her...) i absolutely do NOT want to get sick and miss South Plains! :-( How awful would that be?

i am holding strong. i've started drinking water with White Pine Tincture in it. i'm not allowed to take Echinacea, which raises the white blood cell count and can make those of us with Auto-immune diseases have flair ups.

i like my White Pine, i made it myself. i've been using it since i had my splenectomy. When cold & flu season comes around, it seems to work. When i don't take it at the first sign of a cold, i get really sick. Making this stuff is the best of self-care. Tramping through the woods, collecting the pine, bottling it up, shaking the jars each day.... taking a taste after a few weeks to see how strong it is. Delicious! (Here's my goofy, hippie statement for the day: i can taste how strong that tree is!)

Here's a link to my teacher's page and an article on White Pine and it's uses.

No comments: