Friday, June 20, 2008

Weird gay news?

OK, so i saw this on our local NBC affiliate website.
Here's a screen shot of the website with the thing that bothered me:

















i was pretty horrified by this story being classified under "weird news". So i wrote brief email of complaint. As you can see, although there's an admission of an error being made, there's really not an apology. Feel free, intrepid readers, to email Mr Scott himself.

Here's what i wrote:
Hello:

I'd love an explanation as to why Gay Marriage in California was listed under "weird news"... Is this in the same category as a free-roaming alligator terrorizing the neighborhood? Or lucky dog in a trash compactor? I don't think so and I for one find it offensive. There's nothing "weird" about it. Shame on you!

Here's his response:

Thanks for the email! That was an accidental mistake on my part.
Jim Scott
Senior Editor, WNBC.com

And here's his email address: James.Scott@nbcuni.com

No comments: