Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Where's that darn Yoga mat?

Hastily assembling my yoga mat collection. Do you think i've ever used them for actual yoga? Nope....i have the DVD's and VHS tapes.....The props and the straps... Even some yoga pants and a yoga zone tank top. Unused.
Where's my yoga mat now? It's under my bed on the floor, being used for it's non-skid capabilities to keep my bed from sliding out the door on the laminate floor. i have to pull it out from there tonight since Sir and i are off to a class tonight.
i've been begging to go to a class together for... Well, let's not discuss that - let's just say it's been a long time. i think Sir will be a natural with it - as He is with all physical activities.
i'm not worried about keeping up with Him - it's a non-competitive sport, after all. But before i got sick i was super flexible in a 'look, i can put my feet behind my ears' kind of way. The steroids i had to take shorten the tendons so all my flexibility took a long trip to the Land of Things that Were Long Ago. i was also about 30 pounds lighter pre-steroids. i'm afraid i'll be disappointed with myself and get bummed out about how much flexibility i've lost. But i have to keep being positive. i lost a lot of strength too, but i've worked up to the point where i am now stronger than before i got sick. i just have to be persistent and i'm sure i'll be successful.
Remember my motto as i tell the dog "Patience in all things!" and away i go......

No comments: