Friday, November 10, 2006

organized Chaos

So, i've gotten my studio space fairly organized... enough so that if i have a free 15 minutes i can dash in there and do some art or sewing. It's very nice.
i have had 2 problems.... the first one is that my work table is low enough or my dog is tall enough that he can reach my work in progress. Which has resulted in: paint on nose, glue on nose, paper glued to dogs head, various pieces of assemblage art (i.e. anything that has any organic pieces in it) being picked apart & eaten, etc, etc.

The other problem is that things still go missing. It used to be that they were simply buried under the rubble of untamed art supplies and piles of things that had no businesss being in the studio. Now however, things are gone and.. well, i don't know what happened. The most annoying missing thing is my Artist's journal, which had some watercolors and collage in it. Gone. Missing. Doh. It's not that the work was so astonishingly great, it really isn't. And i don't care that it was bad, or not so good (or a sign of my progression, i suppose i should say!) It's the fact that it was a mostly unused Moleskine notebook. Yes, i have a Moleskine fetish. (tribute givers, please keep that in mind..) i really was being good about keeping it with in easy reach so i could just throw it down and do some work immediately.

It's frustrating when things like this hamper my progress. i feel like i can't get out of my own way. Sigh.

No comments: