Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving

What a great weekend! So much to be thankful for this year, so many wonderful new experiences, so many good old friends, so many new friends! Even the rotten and uncomfortable parts of the year have lead me to be a stronger woman and have helped me to grow.

Master and i spent the Holiday with NYbOL, it was great to get to know the guys a bit better and the food! OMG! Good Goddess, can those boys cook! What an excellent group of people - good looking, good cooking...how can you go wrong?

Friday, Saturday and Sunday were spent doing some major cleaning, revamping and redecorating in the Household. Master was a huge help and over all great co-ordinator. This is a continuation of all the decluttering going on in our lives. It started in the studio and it's spreading though out the house and in to other parts of my life. It's a nice, lighter feeling for me. i wasn't a big believer in Feng Shui, but i'm starting to see that a lot of it's principals apply to my life. Either way, the holiday tree and lights are up, most of the house is decorated, most of the house is clean and shiney again. i feel great about that, YAY!

We even fit in a great time at Paddles on Friday. An awsome thigh caning, hung Kyle & friends :-) PLUS we got to meet up with the Pride Household - it was great to see those guys. i miss seeing the old gang regularly.

We had a 2nd Thanksgiving meal today. i usually cook a rack of lamb for Master for Thanksgiving so we had that today along with some turkey and butternut squash & apples, Pommes Anna.... now i'm stuffed!

Master gave me permission to register for ARTiscape, which is a 4 day artist's retreat. It's in May, shouldn't conflict with any leather events. So, i picked out my classes and booked my room. The host hotel is the only hotel in the U.S. that's a Botanic Garden - BEAUTIFUL! i left some space in my schedule to walk the grounds and relax. i am so excited to go there! i signed up for all the banquets and parties - very unlike the old me to go anywhere by myself, much less to a dinner or party alone. i am getting to like the stronger me.



i'm headed off to clean up the kitchen and take a much needed bath. But i will leave you all with my favorite Tanksgiving picture this year - Wild Turkeys, caught on security camera, trying to board a NJ Transit Train!

No comments: