Thursday, April 10, 2008

Party Dress, Acceptance, Travel

What made me thing a dress with 16 buttons was a good idea? i hate making button holes! Yes, ok - it looks great. It's all done but sewing on the last 11 buttons and the final hemming. i think it's got a delicious 50's feel to it. It's an awful black and red lotus print. Fun! Tacky! me! i'll post pics when it's really done. i just need the right shoes to go with it.... i'm thinking my black and white checkered sneakers.

i *finally* got my acceptance letter for the SoulCollage facilitator training. Hip Hip Hurray! Exciting news! i've already been giving some thought as to where i'd want to do the facilitating. There are some places nearby that would be receptive and i'm thinking *maybe* of Southwest Leather. i mean, it's the home of the woo-woo... SoulCollage is woo-woo. Sounds like a perfect fit to me! i gotta get busy writing a proposal, i guess.

Master also told me this morning that we were nominated for Pantheon of Leather Couple of the Year. Whoever nominated us: Thank you so much! It really does mean a lot to us to be nominated.

Master and i are off from work tomorrow. i think there's going to be a lot of relaxation (and sewing on of buttons) and i really need to do a through check of all my supplies for the retreat. i've got all my metal working stuff for my class with Keith Lo Blue, and all my paints, glues, papers, and ephemera for the other classes. i'm looking most forward to the classes on assemblage. (Keith's class, The DADA dolls and there's another class on collage i'm taking.)

i am scared of the other classes i'm taking. The work is NOT my style and i had to really push myself to sign up for these particular classes. One of the artists/teachers is big in to what she calls "girly glam" but she does this amazing graffiti style work. Um, i think i'm maybe more girly goth so we'll see what i get out of this. Hopefully i won't have the urge to just coat everything with glitter! (not that glitter is a bad thing!) i am diggin' the graffiti style stuff though. Hmmm, in fact: it just dawned on me that i know someone who does that. i'm going to have to pick his brain.

Ok, i'm off to clean my desk at work so i can enjoy tomorrow stress free!
Peas!

No comments: