Monday, April 14, 2008

Woman alone = Trouble?


Master's Aunt is nagging again.
First, she annoyed that we're unwilling/unable to spend over $1,200 to fly to Florida to go to a family birthday party for *one* day.

Secondly, she offered to pay for us to go but Master declined. It's not just the cost the flight, it's the dog sitter *and* i'm leaving for the retreat just 2 days after that party - He knows that i need to pack and prepare and honestly, He'd like to spend the weekend with just me before i leave for a week. (Seriously, this is the longest we've ever been apart in all the many years we've been together. We've never been apart for more than 4 days!)

Thirdly.... She's mad at Him for "letting" me go on this trip alone. A woman alone could get in to trouble. Could *cause* trouble. Is a trouble magnet. (As my beloved Mr. Terricloth says "Trouble is my middle name!") Oy!

So, she's declared that she's going on the trip with me!

What? Excuse me? NO!!!!!!!!!!! As my beloved Mr. Terricloth once said to an Army recruiter "i'd rather stick needles in my eyes."

For the life of me, i can't even imagine what she's thinking. She'd die on an 8 hour car ride. i have classes from 9 a.m until 9:30 p.m. every day so, i'd not be entertaining her at all. She couldn't come to the classes with me as most of them are sold out *and* she'd hate what i'm taking.
(Really, she'd look at it all and sniff "this isn't art, it's trash!")
(To which i'd sniff back "it's not trash, it's assemblage!")
(And then, we would have a brawl and i would leave her there and drive home alone.) *grin*

Master told her to knock it off and stop buggin' me. Hopefully she'll listen.

No comments: