Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Bread of all types

After a fabulous weekend, it's been a bread filled week. Bread in the literal sense and bread in the financial sense.
  • Friday night the 3 of us went to the county fair where we ate ourselves sick on funnel cake (sort of a bread, no?) Sir won stuffed animals for me and for sparky! Hurray! i love my big strong mole whacking Master! :-)
  • Saturday we went to a BBQ and got to see all our Asbury Peeps - which was great and got to hang a bit with Vi and the loverly Baskerville! (That's a great name for a hound!) i ate a chicken sausage on...bread
  • Sunday we all cleaned my car to get ready to trade it in. Sad, i'm going to miss my little champagne pink car! i've had her for 10 years, she's been through a lot with me. All Sir's bands, toting lots of equipment, driving my beloved Basil dog around, driving to my first Tes fest, driving to this past Tes fest..... Lots of illicit sex..... Yeah, i'm gonna miss this car! While cleaning the car, under the front seat - i found a piece of bread and lots of dollar bills!

  • Monday Sir picked out my new car. Saturn Ion 3, storm grey, sport package (that means bigger engine!) i signed a lot of papers and promised to give them some bread.
  • Tuesday Sir and i did a big re-work of the household budget and doled out some bread! i also cleaned up the bread machine and set it up to make a loaf of whole wheat bread for Sir in the morning. mmmmm, fresh baked bread!
  • Wednesday i got up at 5:30, removed said loaf from the maker, and saw Sir off to work with a slice of still warm, organic whole wheat bread and organic butter!
Now, i am waiting patiently for the new car to arrive so we can pick her up on Saturday morning. Exciting!
Taybor's swelling on his neck is resolving itself so perhaps no surgery is needed, that's a relief. OK, back to work for me so i can earn some.... bread.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, after digging I find out that you've won that contest these many weeks ago.

And a new car...

and and and, y'know?

saw a thing about how the shore was going to be fantastic today, kicked myself for moving so far from the ocean and thought of you...well, not because of the kick, but because you can wander over and see the sea.

So, how's life?

barb said...

Aside from feeling guilty every day for not calling You - life is pretty good.

Counting down to You birthday.... 42 looming over Your head..... 3 days .... 3 more days......

Anonymous said...

Oh, no need to feel guilty. The win must have been exciting, I didn't expect an 'immediate report'.

Life must go on, and I, living in the hinterlands, am more of an extravagance than a pressing need, no?

Just a few scant hours till the tumbler ticks and I say goodbye to yet another year. Eek. Did a group b-day this past weekend with some friends, got interesting presents I didn't expect, drowned my brain with absinthe(drank straight, as shots, rather than the proper way, gah). And I have no clue what we're actually going to do for my real birthday. There was some furtive conversation this morning that I was deliberately excluded from...we'll see.