Friday, August 18, 2006

Happy Birthday Midori

Today is my niece Midori's birthday. She was born August 18th, 1999. i picked out her name - she's named after our Grandmother. i was there to help "catch" her when she was born, it was one of the most thrilling events of my life! She's an amazing kid.

Somehow, my sister and i have stopped speaking to each other, apparently. She made some life choices that really pissed me off and i told her that they did and ...well, that's that i guess. If her choices hadn't involved me or Sir, then i wouldn't have minded so much. After all, it's her life, she can do what she wants.

i miss my sister and i miss my niece. i'm sad that i've not ever gotten the chance to meet Midori's baby sister.... Maybe someday we'll patch things up and get together.

Happy Birthday Midori!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind my saying so, you are a very gifted writer and it is a pleasure to read your blog.

Of everything you have written, this entry speaks to my heart the most. How sad that you have lost touch with your family!

Your sister must love you a tremendously to have asked you to name her daughter and be her birth coach/partner. That goes beyond a normal sister relationship, I think.

I can't imagine what lifestyle choices she could have made that ended your relationship, how terrible! Have you really never heard from her again, or have you since been able to patch things up? My sister and I are very different, and yes we fight, but I can't imagine cutting her out of my life entirely. It would be like losing a piece of my heart.

Anyway, I hope you two have mended fences. You sound like a nice person who deserves to have a good relationship with your family. Good luck to you!

Mia
mianarsel1016@hotmail.com