Thursday, May 10, 2007

event drop

Wow, who knew? Who knew that there'd be "event drop" after an art retreat, the same as there is after a Leather event? i totally have the blues. i miss the people that i met, so many fabulous creative ladies, so many supportive and wonderful men - all of whom, and i mean ALL, had that aura of support and "hey, go for it! you're great!" for every one that they met.

i miss being in that supportive space, where every meal was talk of making, every conversation was a festival of ideas shared. i stepped out side of my self and i liked it, a lot. Hrrumph, i sit at my office desk, no view of the outside, making lists of projects that i want to work on, when i'm home.

i keep looking at the ATC's (artist trading cards) that people gave me, even though i had nothing to trade. Just because. Or the beautiful necklace with a Japanese lady on it, that a Lady from Tennessee gave me, because she said she made it and it belonged to me. Or i think about the teacher who dubbed me "The Queen" in my first class there and how the name stuck all weekend and his invite to check out his studio when i go to Indianapolis for GLLA. Such an out pouring of goodness from good people.

This is the same sadness that i feel when i come back from a leather event. Why? Because the mundane work is not fitting me. Or i don't fit it. So, what does that say? Something's got to give.
*she wanders away muttering to go clear more paperwork off her desk*

PS Master's taking me out to dinner to try to cheer me up! my Master ROCKS! :-)

No comments: