Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Packing

Packing
i both love and loathe packing for a trip. Usually, it;s making sure that my boots are not rubbing against Master's boot in the suitcase, resulting in hours of work for me when we reach our destination. Or making sure our uniforms aren't getting super wrinkled. Or how to get ALL the leather we own in to the carry-on bags. (because we don't trust the baggage handlers...)

This trip is different. First of all, it's the first time i'm traveling alone. (well, ok, i did do the Avon 3 day walk, but i was traveling with 1,500 other women for a common cause) So, it's a bit weird, planning my days according to how i want them, but still thinking what would make Master happy, even if He's not with me. i'm the kind of person who won't eat in a restaurant if i'm alone because i don't want to be seen as an outcast. So, travel alone is a stretch for me.
Secondly, i'm trying to figure out how to take all my required materials and supplies with me in one suitcase and be able to pack my clothes and one nice outfit for the dinner/Cinco De Mayo party on Saturday night. Soldering irons, tin snips, collage items, bone folder (gross name, no? sounds like a surgical tool to me.)
Thirdly, i am totally pushing myself to learn new techniques, putting my art out there where people might be able to see it! (EEK!) i don;t necessarily think the stuff i make if excellent. i do however think that i am an excellent artist - because i try, because i love the process, because i must do this stuff. i tried to not do it, because i was told (by my dad) that my stuff was weird or bad or ugly or made no sense. But let me tell you this thing i've learned. If you were meant to do something and you shove it away from you, it'll never really go away. It'll keep coming back and sneaking up on you. And it'll bite you in the ass, and you'll regret it. There's no hiding from what you are. Ever!

No comments: