Tuesday, April 13, 2010

silly fan-girl & heavy lifts

So, in my silly fan girl news... my favorite body builder came through for me and sent both Master and me an autographed photo each. Super cool!
In my weight lifting news - i *did* move my weights up on my leg press, so i ended up doing 728 last week and then this past Sunday, Master plopped on some more weight so i am now up to a 738 leg press, 2 sets of 20 reps each. i've always had strong legs but this is making me super proud of my strength! whoo hooo!
Also, my weight is still dropping. It's slow, less than a pound per week. However, considering that i've been beating my head against a wall for the last couple of years to lose anything at all, despite going to the gym regularly - it's a blessed relief. So, drum roll please...here's what i've started taking as a supplement. Creatine monohydrate. Yup, the same creatine that bodybuilders take to get bigger. i'm not telling anyone to take it. All i am saying is that i am seeing some results from it. A little more energy, a little less exhaustion, a moderate amount of weight loss. Coupled with hard workouts, walking, a clean diet... it's so easy! (not) But i will not be dissuaded, discouraged, or disheartened.

No comments: