Friday, January 06, 2006

Catching up

Ahhh, my birthday. 39? Who woulda thunk it? Still crazy! Still weird. i love it!

i've been reaching out to a lot of people from my past. Since one of them is removed from the Leather scene, He's been able to give me astoundingly good advice. i really love that guy! You know who You are! i wish we weren't so far apart in distance but it seems like we've been able to pick up this conversation from 'lo these 20 years ago. Ahh, synchronicity.

The other person i've reached out to was very happy to hear from Sir Larry & i. We'll hopefully get to see him doing a show in NJ on the January 28th. i am excited and nervous about that one. It's always weird seeing people after you left the band that you were in. Most of the time it's like a bad break up with your boyfriend. Even if it was a mutually agreed on split, you can't really be friends anymore. You've just gone thru too much together. At least, that's how it seems to me. But who knows, it's been years and years so maybe wounds have healed and we can talk about old times and how much the youth of today have gone to hell.

i hope that's the case. i really want to stay in contact with those people who influence me, helped me grow, literally saved my life when i needed saving and made me care passionately about things. In fact, just made me passionate in general. ;-)

i'll toast You guys with some absinthe tonight and drink to our continued friendship. Sigh. Here's to Birthdays and old Passion. Keep on!

Later: as promised... Absinthe! The Green Fairy is loose!

No comments: