Friday, June 23, 2006

What to do?

Still trying to put together my "slave barb does NYC alone" day for Saturday. i'm not happy with any of the things that i've selected. The Circle Line? The Bodies exhibit at South Street Seaport?

Maybe just stomp around my old digs on SI, visit my old High School wander the grounds of Snug Harbor where i used to hang with my best buds (friends forever, we'll never be apart... haven't seen nor heard from in ..oh, 20+ years) But the thought of that is just too bitter.

Back when my mother died (Sept 1999) i didn't go to see her in the hospital. That we had a hatred filled relationship is an understatement, but i loved her like... a mother. She truly was the strongest woman physically and emotionally (by that i mean she was like a volcano of rage) My little sister and older brother had her cremated. My sister in a fit of perversity, split the ashes into my mom's salt & pepper shaker collection and distributed it to the siblings - since we all hated each other and couldn't/wouldn't share custody of her. i didn't want this piece of my dead mother. What the hell was i going to do with it? i've been trying to figure out how to get rid of it without being disrespectful, maybe i'll give her to the NY Harbor... there's along story about why i'd leave her in that particular place. It seems fitting to do it but i'm not explaining that here. Now.

Yes, perhaps releasing my mother to the deep blue to swim with the fishies, ride the ferry, hike up to the Seaport and then look at a bunch of dead bodies. How very Goth of me. :-)
Sounds like a plan to me!

1 comment:

Boymeat said...

E-mail me (boymeattes@aol.com) - maybe we'll do lunch. I have a friend from California in, and it would be nice to show her places.